Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Stones in the Road


Hello friends I've missed you.

I don't know about you but I'm apt to pick up a rock when I'm walking along. I don't know why I choose one over another but I do... We pick up ways of understanding the world the same way. Phrases or words or poems or songs are like stones we pick up and carry with us that help us make sense of the world.


We are going to begin studying Proverbs in our Wed night study. We will focus on the Biblical ones.. Here are few that come from my family and friends came to mind these are not from the bible .

Every man good or bad is just the same when happy or sad - maurice giltz

Smile in sorrow - shank the ball against the wall come back tomorrow maurice giltz -golf/life

Where ever you go - there you are Mike McNeil (where I first heard it)

Every time you climb a mountain you get a little stronger --but it sure is hard on your shoes.
bobbie mcgarey

Double your guard - maurice giltz (applied when things were going good...or bad... )

If you don't know where you are going - any road will take you there... unknown

Change is the very most natural thing-- and life is mostly attitude and timing --sung by jerry jeff walker

The only thing worse than a liar is a quitter. gladys mcgarey from her dad

Some ears have walls - Mike McNeil

What are the proverbs of your life? Surely you have some... leave them in the comment page at the bottom of this message... What do they mean to your life? How have they shaped your life?
What would you write for a proverb you'd leave for others.

Think on these things
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home