Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Happy New Year Martha

How is it possible that I didn't write a note about my Martha on her birthday on the 28th? Surely she was on my mind close that whole day...and all the days that follow. We did have a re telling of the day she was born...and some before that... and it was a blessing to know that I still remember...as I always do what was for us a wonderful day and it has been wonder-ful from then on. Congratulations and blessing and joy overflowing be yours this new year and always.

Here, dear is one of my favorite AA Milne poems... When we were very young

“Summer Afternoon”

Six brown cows walk down to drink
(All the little fishes blew bubbles at the may-fly)
Splash goes the first as he comes to the brink,
Swish go the tails of the five who follow…
Twelve brown cows bend drinking there
(All the little fishes went waggle-tail, waggle-tail)-
Six from the water and six from the air;
Up and down the river darts a blue-black swallow.
-A.A. Milne


God abide

Bobbie Giltz McGarey

@2008


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home