Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Thursday 2nd musing

The March newsletter from Austin College's Rev. John Williams ACOLYTE had this quote in his musings

"There's a cool poem by Hafiz a Persian Sufi poet from the 14th century. I think it might be about road trips.

"Every child has known God,
Not the God of names,
Not the God of don'ts
Not the God who ever does anything weird,
But the God who only knows four words
And keeps repeating them, saying:
"COME AND DANCE WITH ME.
Come.
Dance."
++++

Seems like on this day we should read this over and over. It reminded me of the hymn Lord of The Dance, HYMN...
"I danced in the morning when the world was begun...and I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun..."

And it reminded me of Miriam dancing and celebrating the freedom of the Hebrew people as they escaped from Egypt, Some theologians believe this to be one of the oldest texts in the Biblical literature.

And it reminded me of dancing folk dances in PE class in Junior High. And it reminds me of first dances after weddings. And it reminded me of John and I winning a dance contest in Divinity School, (even though our 50's costumes were so good some of our friends didn't recognize us. And it reminded me of dancing with a friend in a wheel chair holding on to two scarves. And...
When did you dance ...
Not the Jr. High run around in packs of girls and boys acting cool and giggling after one another.... but really dance. Leap in the air --and laugh...?

You are invited by the loving Creator to celebrate. Glumness is not one of the fruits of the spirit. Neither is gossip, or rumor, or lying or...

But dancing...
Ps 30:11 -
You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
Ps 149:3 -
Let them praise God's name with dancing, making melody to God with tambourine and lyre.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home