Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, January 19, 2006

reflection

Grace and Peace
It is said that the work of a prophet is to reflect to the leader or the people to whom they speak an image of who they truly are. This means to me that we sometimes have to use self-reflection to figure that out if there's no prophet in the neighborhood.
Of course self reflection can lead to what we called in the '60' navel gazing. That IS just looking at yourself with no change or interest in change. But what real reflection can do is to give us a pure image of ourselves. Sometimes more pleasant than others, at least that is the way it is for me.
Birthdays, holidays, new years, all call me to a time of such thinking. An evaluation if you will of how I've spent the time I have in the past year. No confession following.
It does however bring me to look at the time ahead, whatever time that is, and do somethings differently. Put aside those things that get in the way of what I feel I was made to do and do what it was I was given the talent and energy and health to do. So off I go.
No, not a leaving kind of off.... but a new beginning.
Each day is that you know. A new beginning. A new time to be and do that which brings your heart to song.
Sarah Guthrie has a great tune, You gotta sing, all the time--find yourself a little song and sing it all day long..
(she is Woody Gutherie's granddaughter).
So happy day, find your song, and sing it for the world in your life.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home