Awakening a Keen Observer

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Rain? Rain!

Greetings
I was a camp counselor in Western Pennsylvania and we had great weather there in the summers for the most part. But we figured out when we sang what we called the, "the Johnny Appleseed grace" at meals we had rain that night. I'm not sure there was a direct link, or that we just had a lot of rainy nights in the summers there.
Where I live now in SW Oklahoma, USA, we are in the midst of a drought. We are wanting rain. So I feel like I should, Wash my car, sing the Johnny appleseed grace and hope. "O the lord is good to me and so I thank the lord for giving me the things I need the sun and the rain and the appleseed. The Lord is Good to me!"
We claim not to be people who are superstitious but I think we are. We consider luck something each person has, either good or bad. We consider that "WE" make things happen. Oops that means we are in control? I don't THINK so!
So how then do we live our lives? We breathe and we do what we can to plan and carry out those things that are for the good of all. We love our neighbors as ourselves and we love God.
What do you do to bring the rain?
Israel.
Ps 68:9 -
Rain in abundance, O God, you showered abroad; you restored your heritage when it languished;


I hope you all have your 'rain in due season!'

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home