Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pictures

Dear Friends,
I thought you should know I have a lot of pictures. Some were taken of me as a baby, some of my parents as youngsters, some of my grandparents and great grandparents, and some mystery people. Some of the pictures are of cousins, aunts, uncles and various related people..., There is one of my dad standing with a dog named Count. He weas 19 months old.
There are a lot of "someday" that I want to get the pictures all organized. So I get out one or two boxes and begin to sort through them. And you know I don't make it through over one box because I start thinking of the stories that go with the pictures. Have you ever done that?
What will we do with the stories? The stories all of us have about family. Many of them treasures, some of them just regular ones and some of them that are insights in to family dynamics and how all families work. So when I look at the pictures I often 'drag' my family along with me looking and going ohhhh ahhh ohhh ahhh and then I know that I will have passed on a little of the stories. perhaps...

So what are you going to do with your stories? With the ones your family told over Christmas? Or the ones that you have packed away attached to pictures? Stories that could so simply teach someone else that they are ok and as normal as anyone.

give it a try...
Remember when....

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home