Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Anticipation

My mother in law said that one of her sons was coming for Thanksgiving and it was going to be a surprise. But somehow the tale was told and she found out...But she said, and I agree, anticipation is part of the fun.
I sit waiting for our daughter to come home for thanksgiving and see a light on the driveway and hope it is her. There aren't many houses here so it is a good chance if one comes up in the next few minutes it will be her. And I've done this with parents and cousins and grandparents and....children...and friends.
I can only imagine my parents hearing me say...Are they here yet...a thousand thousand times as I waited by the door for Martha and Janice to come from Illinois almost as much as a child is prone to say...are we there yet...
Now to be true my family also likes to have surprises between us too. You know showing up at someone's door unannounced or unexpected only to be welcomed with great joy. And what fun! What fun!
And I think that part of anticipation has to to with the memories linked to it... from times gone by.
And hopes for many times in the future.

God bless you as you anticipate the season ahead. May the waiting be half as exciting as the joys you know when the One arrives...and may your joy be shared with a world that doesn't wait...
Oh Gotta go..Here she is.
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home