Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thunder or?

We had quite a spring storm come through here this afternoon. It was one of those OKlahoma storms that on the radar looks like a line of red and orange(big storm) surrounded by blue and following it...clear skies. We are into the clear skies just now. In one place East of us weather service said there might be tennis-ball size hail.. That's not hail...that is more like rocks from the sky.

Even still right now, with the clear sky I heard some rumbling. It was not the storm anymore it was Army base about 30 miles from us. Apparently this is a day for gunnery practice. At times it booms like thunder.

What might it be like to live in a place where you didn't expect thunder, you expected bombs? Maybe where your friends lived or shopped had been hit. Oh my. And I also wonder what it would be like for a child? These things rest on my heart some times and I'm not sure how to deal with them. Oh, sure I do...I pray...
And yet there seems like there must be more that could be done. Perhaps more that could happen on behalf of the children of the world. Those just down the street and those who are all the way on the other side of the world. How can we tell them they are loved? How can we show them they are loved?

"listen to the thunder...hear the winds roar..."
Listen to your heart calling you to work on behalf of the children..
The world is counting on you.

God abides
and that means I'm not in control and for that I am eternally thankful

Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home