Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

log jam

We had quite a deluge last week. a true Walters Oklahoma there was a true flood. On the road between my house and Walters today I was crossing one bridge and glanced to my right and saw a huge log jam. There were so many big pieces of trees scattered and stacked here and there...and a refrigerator.
I know, I know. A refrigerator you say? Yes. I checked on the way home slowing down with no cars behind me there it was on top of the logs. It's origin? Probably won't be known. I could image it was one that had been placed outside somewhere and floated down the stream in the flood. But it seemed so very out of place.

No doubt there will be a road crew out there cleaning up the logs as they back up the water and push on the bridge. But what will they find in the frige? Some food? nothing? It would be interesting to know.
But then, don't we spend a lot of time both in a log jam of all the things we need to do, should do, need to finish, need to do for someone, etc.
Some times our lives feel like a log jam when too much piles up and nothing gets through. And then on occasion in the list of things to do something so out of place is plopped into our lives. It takes more work to make things flow again. We still remove things one at a time, even if it is as odd as a refrigerator in a log jam on a river in Southwest Oklahoma.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home