Awakening a Keen Observer

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Little Darlin' Here Comes the Sun

It is the navy blue sky before dawn that holds the robins song this morning. We cannot keep it from rising, nor would we want to... We welcome the day. It is Easter. It is a very cool morning. We will need two shawls to keep warm. And we are thankful we have them.
By choice I slept with the window cracked last night. The cooler air let me pull the blanket up tight and feel warm and secure. I chose to sleep a little cold. Many others don't have a choice. They pull blankets up around them just to survive the night and huddle with family.
By choice I haven't eaten anything yet this morning. Many others do not choose to be hungry and yet they are and they ache for their children who want to be fed--but there is no food for them.
By choice I wear clothes I've had for some time. Many others do not choose to wear the same clothing all the time--it is all they have.
By choice I can do many things to make me secure and warm and fed and clothed seeking happiness. Many others, with little, or nothing, are at peace with the world in a way that we can only find in a dream. As the girls in the Children's Home said to me 10 years ago... "We have everything- we have Jesus"
Sigh

We too have everything. And today is Easter. Thanks be to God.
God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good.
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

Beatles Abby Road
Here Comes The Sun

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home