Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas music

While shopping the other day I was amazed at how the carols, the tradtional tunes of Christmas, can be changed to be haunting and annoying in ways I never imagined. Some were jazzed up others slooooooowed down and others just changing the key and the way it is sung....added up to almost nightmare sounds.
There seem to be certain times and places to hear such music. Sometimes it is appropriate and other times it is out of place. I think we need to help some of these businesses figure out what works for us and what doesn't.
Christmas carols are for me sacred music not background for shopping. The song "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" or "I'll be home for Christmas" are also overdone and ones that make me melancholy not ready to buy something at super special prices.

Let's have the music of the season bring us into reverence.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home