Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, November 24, 2006

Relatedness

We have had a good Thanksgiving weekend here. Our kids were home and my cousins came up to OK too. There were 11 at the table. The youngest 7 months the oldest, well it's not nice to tell a lady's age and she is Val's mom...

But what I was feeling as we worked to get ready was a joy that came over me because I feel equally related. I feel related to my family of origin and to John's family. It is hard to say if I am closer one to another. Then I realized. I was not closer one to another, one had shared more history but the other has been weaving itself in to my life for twice longer than I've been alive. This was good news. There was a binding of me to so som many others. As a former Only child that felt really good. Really good. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to love both...and even more wonderful to be loved myself...
So relatedness has to do with where we put ourselves in relation to other folks. Thanks Be to God, I'm feeling really connected right now.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006
nighteo little Edgar you are a sweet sweet child with wonderful parents...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home