Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, November 23, 2006

t-day2

We had driven from Columbus to Massillion, Ohio. My dad's father lived there so we went to be with him.
One year my cousin was recovering from back surgery. She was in a cast from under her arms to her thigh. It was so impossible for her do move or do anything. She was in this cast for weeks; including thanksgiving.
She and I sat in her bedroom the whole day. How could I complain? We talked and laughed and I even insisted on eating in there with her. We watched the parades.
Then they had more than one big parade. We would watch one after another...and another...
When I see the Thanksgiving day parades I remember her and my Daddy's whole family. They were good salt-of-the-earth kind of folks.
My cousin recovered and became a nurse, married and had several children.
The parades keep coming. I think of those who watched them wondering if memories were being made for them even still?

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home