Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

beautiful morning

I woke at 4am.... and went outside with Betsy's dog. My goodness I forgot it was December until I was about 10 steps from the door. Luckily I'd put on some shoes to go out the temperature is in the 20's. burr.
As I'm standing in the yard I looked up and saw he navy blue sky and the stars just right there. The Big Dipper so clear in the north East sky and the beautiy of all the stars, You could see so many the sky seemed to be so clearly lighted. Thousands of stars. amazing.
We are made of stars... the dust of our bones are the elements of the universe. We are wonderfully and beautifully made! and we live our lives into that beauty.
We don't always walk in Beauty as the beauty Way prayer calls us to.
We don't even look up and see the beautiful morning and the stars.
We sometimes stumble through our days without seeing the hawk on the wire
or the sunrise or sunset
or the clear air after a day of big wind
or the face of a child wonderment
or the eyes twinkling of the experienced
or the happiness in a voice
or the hand on a paper
....
but sometimes we miss those gracious gifts that are ours to share all around.

so be alert
be aware
be joyful to the bone
each and every day
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005
Navajo prayer
In Beauty may I walk.
All day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk.
With dew about my feet may I walk.
With Beauty may I walk.
With Beauty before me, may I walk.
With Beauty behind me, may I walk.
With Beauty above me, may I walk.
With Beauty below me, may I walk.
With Beauty all around me, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of Beauty,
lively , may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of Beauty,
living again, may I walk.
It is finished in Beauty.
It is finished in Beauty.
A Navajo Prayer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home