Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, November 28, 2005

I Confess

I hereby confess---I'm a keeper. I keep pictures, letters, more pictures, more letters. Tonight as we were looking for some 8 mm movies of my husbands family as children we found a box of pictures. It is not one I've seen in a long time. Anyway I found some pictures of me as a child, some of my family through the years, our own children, and some letters.
One in my Mother's hand is wishing my father happy anniversary on their 22 anniversary in 1967. In her beautiful hand she writes him of her love for him, their joint love for me as their daughter, and signs it with love.... at the bottom in my Daddy's hand...Dear Betty, Forever and ever is never long enough, Love Maurice.
Sigh, deep sigh, it got me.

I confess it got me. Her letter, sweet and kind, his reply direct and complete...She kept the letter.... It was in her things when she died at 80.

My goodness. What a blessing they are to me even now.

Tell someone you love, forever and ever is never long enough and know how blessed you are to have someone to tell.

God abides
bobbie giltz mcgarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home