Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

light glow

I sat at a stoplight
at night
in the snow
it was years ago
and as the red of the light shone through the window
the snowflakes gathered in front of my eyes
they were big
they were crystals
they had forms and different shapes
I could see them all in the red light glow

Each one of them was different
I leaned in closer to the window to observe.
perfect view of each one as they began to cover my window
It was late there was little traffic --no one behind me

I watched each one land
some melted if they were low on the window where there was heat
but others just stayed and stayed and stayed

Light changing on other street
mine would soon be green
the flakes would all look different without the red
I would have to go
and so
with a wipe
did all the glorious snowflakes
gone
but no
etched now in my soul forever

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home