Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, November 05, 2004

Sisters/sons

One of my sisters in ministry has a son in Iraq. My goodness how her heart must feel. I can't take from her...her concerns...but perhaps I can carry them with her. I can't make her son safe...but I can pray for his safety...and the safety of all those in harm's way. I can't ... do so many things. We still can do many things.

Isn't that in part what we begin to feel when we hear of such things. What can I do? We feel helpless. Like a parent
watching their child trip and fall...and we can't get there.
My Daddy said one of the worst moments he ever had was once when I went down a slide, "O just one more time, please Daddy!" and then as I leaned over to wave ...fell. He couldn't get to me and he could move fast. I was ok...(some might say that falling on my head explains something ha ha ha!). I'm not sure he ever was really ok with letting me go. Whenever I'd leave he'd say...Double your guard. I think that may have come out of the slide incident. Two stitches later I was ok. Today I still hear his concern.
But real harm's way is not something we grown-ups can protect "OUR" children from...we do the best we can. And we hurt when they hurt, it doesn't matter how old they are.
God's love for us is like a wonderful parent, quick, protective, directive, challenging, encouraging, admonishing, holding, healing, and always always always...welcoming us home.
Children/sons/daughters/ God hold them all in your hand and bring peace.
peace peace!

God abide
@2004
Bobbie Giltz McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home