Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Rainy Day

I got up and went to exercise class. It was grey and rainy. You could tell it was a little light outside...but then the whole day stayed that same measure of grey...and now it's dark! Wow!
How we depend on the light. We focus on things that we think are important. We expect the electricity to keep us going no matter what happens with the earth and the sun. We are so completely amazed that the world has a way of its own.
I heard someone say. I don't want it cloudy. Were they expecting that wish to change the whole of nature today? I don't know.
Sometimes I think we get the idea that we are in charge. That's easy to do. We are told we are to be in charge. We are told we are to be the ones who 'make things happen.' We are told that we can schedule more things in the day than we think we can and when we do we are successful.
Remember the lilies of the field... they neither toil nor spin...

What is success anyway. To love justice and seek kindness and walk humbly with our God...
Walk..not run...

And then I read an email from my cousin in India who tells of people threatening them as they start an orphanage. My goodness, this is serious threat... Pray for their protection...

And I'm whining about a little rain....... Really!
Take a deep breath.
God abide with you
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home