Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

keep singing

Well I just got a chance to sit down and write again. We had a busy and good weekend with the family. Johnny and Molly and Betsy all were home and that is a delight for us. We also got to attend a concert by Bebo Norman. I recommend his music.
We got to the concert early and had front row seats. It was so much fun to watch and see them playing. With John and Johnny both guitar players they could compare notes on the different tunings that the musicians used.
The young woman who sang at one point was doing this great song about Exodus and then there was a line she sang in tune.."I've broken a string".
And she stopped
They came out and made some adjustments and got her back on track and it was fun.
But the thing that amazed me was her singing... I've broken a string.
She didn't stomp or shout. She just stopped and then while they fixed her guitar told about her walk with her faith. It was really interesting.
Perhaps among other lessons the weekend afforded, (never count a win even when your team is way ahead until), this one was a good one.
Keep singing

"my life flows on in endless song, above earth's lamentation. I hear the real though far off hymn that hails the new creation. No storm can shake my inmost calm, while too that rock I'm clinging. It sounds and echo in my soul, how can I keep from singing......"


God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home