Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Adversity

Grace
I don't know where I found this statement, but I wrote it in my little book. "Adversity can never rival the steading power given us when we praise God."

Humm
How often when faced with adversity do we feel that we need first to straighten out what we are and keep a strong force against it?
What if when faced with adversity the first thing we did, the very first thing was to praise God for God's presence in the midst of it all. Whatever "it all" is.
I imagine that there would be a shift of power that would be felt. Our hearts would know what we were to do in light of the trouble. Our heart would know how to speak to this adversity so as to understand it and perhaps it understand you.
What if the first thing we did was to pray? Why not let it be the first thing we do!

I wear a bunch of metal bangles on my left arm. They remind me to pray for people and situations that I know. I have one that I pray for all those concerns not named.
Perhaps I should have one that is a little different to remind me to pray when I meet adversity. Pray first.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

Dr. Bobbie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home