Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Happy 90th

My dear Uncle Edgar celebrates his 90th birthday today. Yeah! He is a keeper and I told him 10 more years...10 more years... What a blessing he has been in his life to so very many people. I am honored to love him.

I was blessed in my family of origin with close Aunts and Uncles and Cousins. They supported and encouraged me in ways they probably never knew. A letter when I was in high school or college, a phone call on my birthday, simple things really. But they were so touching to me...and the memory of them makes me smile.

What simple things can we do for someone we know? Am I just always asking you that question? But we know there are such things that can change a day for someone we know... and perhaps for someone we don't know. A generous tip to a wait-person who has served you well and made your dinner out even more of a pleasure may be one way. I imagine, I know you can think of others. Leave them on the comment line.

Happy Birthday Edgar...and to all the people who make each day special for someone else. Thank you.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home