Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, February 25, 2008

What are you reading?

Grace and Peace
What are you reading?

( I am in my new office today. I've met some wonderful folk already and am getting my feet on the ground. It is going to be a good time and transition with this congregation. I can just tell. Oh I miss folks from before I keep them in my prayers.)

There is work to be done for sure. I look up and the bookshelves are empty. I'm missing my books. I'll bring some over a little at a time to make myself more at home. I do love books. Our daughter said that she knew they could always ask for a book and I'd always get them one. True, I doubt I ever said no to their buying a book.

On my desk is a special book. It was a gift from John's Mother Gladys. It is a Hebrew scripture. It is in a metal binding with some stones on the front. It is most interesting in its presentation and it opens the opposite to the books that are most familiar to me. Perhaps that is a good thing. Perhaps we need to stop sometimes and look recognize that there are books that are important enough to read slowly.

What is your favorite book? What are you reading? I've just started Saving Fish from drowning. Amy Tan. The front story is great... more about that later.

Ok lunch over back to work.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

1 Comments:

  • Bobbie,

    I am taking a break from studying to tell you my favorite book is "At First Sight" by Nicholas Sparks, I love most of his books. I am currently reading textbooks of course, but I actually have an interesting one, my history of medicine book. It is "Medical Firsts" and it is read more like a biography versus a DRY textbook. Just wanted to say I am thinking of you.

    Charity T.

    P.S. I can't find your e-mail now, mine is CharMae32@yahoo.com. Shoot me a message please when you have time, so I can write you back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Feb 26, 02:08:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home