Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cedars and the House

There is a house I pass on the way to my churches that has been there for some time. And I believe it has been unoccupied. Nobody's home...nobody is home. It seems that htis must be so because almost surrounding the south and east sides are large cedar trees that seem to be holding the house upright. I know they can fall in a minute but this one seems to maintain. It is supported.

When I see these houses I wonder about it's occupants. Did they move to a better home? Did they leave Oklahoma? Did they just move to the next house about 1/2 a mile away? I know there are some folks who could tell me. I suppose part of the mystery is in the 'not' knowing. The speculation and the imagination that puts a family there, with a story and relationships. With good times and also hard times in that little house I am sure they did well.

Sometimes I think about this house that the cedars support it like we support one another when we get to leaning into the world. We have friends who come when we call. We have family that surround us at times of joy and sadness. We have the opportunity to be both friend and family to those around us...letting them lean on us when they need to do so.

What do you imagine they have done? What were their names?


God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home