Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, December 08, 2006

photo/poem

My daughter found a poem I wrote in 1970. You haven't changed the way you write, she said. We found a picture of me as a baby/young child. You haven't changed the way you look, she said.
But when I look in the mirror I see my mother's face and my daddy's eyes. I do look like them. I see her smile and her way. On occasion, more frequently than I expect, I clear my throat or laugh or place my hand as she did. I hear my daddy's voice and his humor in my own.
Have I changed in these years or have I just grown into myself? What is destiny anyway? Was there a plan that I just followed or did I venture into places unknown or unexpected?

My Daddy wrote me a letter in 1970 when I moved to Arizona. In part he said that I was taking them on this adventure to a new place. And I still think at times that they are with me in the daily adventure/venture of my life.
Have I changed? perhaps yes...perhaps no.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home