Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oh look at that!

I was on my way to a Presbytery Committee on Ministry meeting in Utah and driving along when I saw something in the trees by the northern part of the Great Salt Lake. It was January and I pulled over to look at the birds. They were big black birds. Really big.
When I stopped I could see the white shoulders and heads. They were Bald Eagles. I was so surprised to see so many. That day I counted 18. I was about 10 minutes late for the meeting and tried to explain how amazing this was to me. I don't remember others being impressed.

What do we see in the world that makes us just stop? You know that makes us stop what we are doing and just sit in awe and amazement? Surely there are in our part of the world, whatever part that might be, things that take just take our breath?

What is it for you where you are? What would be your answer? If you can't answer right away then watch for it. Watch for something that takes your breath and makes you smile.

Then share it with someone else.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home