Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Who was that?

There is a time when I pass a hitch-hiker. I saw this man today walking on the side of the road. He looked like he's come straight out of the '60s plus cowboy boots and hat.
Where was he going?
Even more interesting..where had he been. Who was this man that all of us passed by? Where had he come from in his life? He'd been a lot of places you could tell. What was his story? Could he have told it to anyone? Did he have a family he was leaving or trying to go home? Was he married and did he have children? Did they know where he is now?

These things I'll never know
As there are many things I'll never know.
That uncertainty is something we all have in our lives.

Where do you plant your feet? What is your Rock, your ground? Questions some wrestle with their whole lives...and others just jump over --that leap of faith...and land
on solid ground. "Jesus is the rock of my salvation, his banner over me is love."

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home