Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dr. B

John and I watched Betsy get ready for her day at the hospital this morning. It doesn't take her long to get ready. And there she is. She has on scrubs, Dr. Coat, stethoscope, and her pager, and her phone, and her keys.
She had to remind me that I didn't need to remind her of ...well anything. That she can do this on her own. I don't have to get her ready for the bus...but then again I never did. She has always been ready.
We watch her with wonder sometimes. We are not amazed she is doing what she is doing it is just that our perspective is that she is our little girl. Now woman.
But that parent thing holds on ... still.

I imagine that the Creator feels the same about us most of the time. Encourages us to do what we should already know to do. And sees us still as a child...


God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home