Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How much love?

Grace and peace abound.
I was watching the news when an adv came on about children who are awaiting adoption. I watched and then went to the website that was recommended. www.okdhs.org and then I clicked on the adoption link. I started looking at the pictures and was interested in the family groups looking for their being adopted together. Then I got to the bottom of the page, I had viewed pictures 1-10 of 3320. There were over 3000 I hadn't already seen. Not all the children are from Oklahoma by any means but there were families from where I live.
What a joy it would be to be the parents of these children. We make excuses. We point to other countries and how they treat their children...and then we find this out. What contributions these kids could make. I would love to have a big house and bring in one of these families and enlarge my family. What excuse will I give God?
When you do it to the least of these...Jesus said. Yet we are all too quick to not help someone. To turn them away with a nod or ignore them altogether.
As we approach the New Year what are your intentions for the year? think on these things..

Oh and as I understand we get an extra second... what will you do with your time?

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home