Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, December 19, 2005

Betty Giltz

Today is my mother's birthday Elizabeth McLendon Bane Giltz. She would have been 91. She made it to 80 and 5 days. I think she knew that somehow I wanted her to make it to 80.
I read an article about a woman who is 116 years old. She sounded like an interesting woman who lives in a third world country. Places where people, especially women, are most usually vulnerable. Somehow this woman is doing well. I was talking to someone last week whose Grandmother is in her 90's. She and her sister would go Line Dancing every week. That is probably partly why they are still active at their age.
I found some pictures the other day that I know Mother would have liked. It was of her in her 20's with her black hair and her green eyes. She was quite beautiful. She and her friends were close all through their lives. Amazing.
My daughter has those green eyes..and her grandmother's hands...her good heart,,,and her name.
God abides
Bobbie Bane Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home