Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Snow in Oklahoma

I grew up in Ohio...snow was not such a surprise in December. I remember racing out of town to get to Virginia before a big storm came. We always had Christmas in Virginia...always...
Today I woke to find snow in Oklahoma. Yah it feels like Christmas now. Cold too...but I know that it will be in the 50's in a couple of days and that's ok with me too.
Ah but it was beautiful! My cousin Val who grew up in Michigan called, They live in Texas now, and we exchanged snowflake stories... She also loves a little snow in December and said the view of it from their new house was outstanding.
I should have know it would snow...we watched the movie, White Christmas, last night. It's not a big plot, and the dialogue makes Betsy and me laugh hard every time, but it is really a fun traditional Christmas movie..and it snows...
May you have in your life whatever it takes to make it Christmas...
May your memories of loved ones heal you and hold you...
May you feel that God's love for us all in Jesus is something we should give to everyone we meet as the most wonderful gift...
Snow in Oklahoma! What fun!
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home