Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Thursday

Grace and Peace
I was driving to the church this morning and
noticed a bunch of roses in the ditch along the side of the road. I
looked up and realized that they had probably come from thecemetery near them. But they looked really pretty. They weren't "real". They were way out of place there beside the road.

The beauty of the roses that I enjoyed continued even though I knew
they weren't real. But they evoked in me memories of beautiful roses
I've seen in the past.
Columbus Ohio has a beautiful Garden of
Roses. It has been several years since I was there last but the roses
were spectacular. The varied colors, the shape of the flowers, the
wonderful smell are all part of what I remembered when I saw the roses
on the road.
Beauty is in the seeing and in the remembering and
in the sharing. I wished for someone else to see them. Alas, I will
just have to share the image with you.
Beauty is in the living of our lives with the love of God enfolding us.
Beauty is in the hope we have that we can out of thankfulness make a difference in the world.
Beauty is in the simple as much as in the complex.

God bless you with beauty these days.
God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

Rev. Dr. Bobbie Giltz McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home