Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, March 21, 2008

Flowers Good Friday

On the corner of my desk is a vase, square with some pebbles in the bottom. I have three jonquils and three hyacinths. The hyacinths were hiding just outside my office window in the left over cannas stalks. Their pink potent fragrance is great.

This is Holy Friday, Good Friday for Christians. We mark the day that
Jesus went to the cross. I believe he 'went' to the cross and that he
wasn't just taken. I believe that Jesus in his 'Godness' understood all that was ahead and that also meant the joy of Easter.

This is Good News. Others have asked me how can the day he died be
Good-- because even that which is feared by so many - death - is in
God's hands. "In life and in death we belong to God" so reads the Brief
Statement of Faith,PCUSA. I believe this fully. Take a deep breath --- again--

That breath is the Spirit of God in you--right now. And that Breath
tells you that you are alive and that this is your day to be who you
were truly created to be.
So, even on Good Friday we know that 'nothing in all of creation can separate us from the Love of God.' Romans 8
Good Friday
God Abide with You

Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

Rev. Dr. Bobbie G. McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home