Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, January 28, 2008

Hawks on the nest

As Johnny and Molly drove with me to Chattanooga, OK Sunday I pointed out one of two hawk nests near the road and you could clearly see a Hawk on the side of the nest. We went by too fast to say what kind of hawk it was...but it was beautiful.

What keen observations have you been making these days?

Here are some things that come to mind for me.

1. I like mild winters
2. When people I love hurt, so do I.
3. It is harder to let go that you think it will be.
4. Some people just don't get it.
5. Some people will surprise you with kindness

As I left the Parish this week moving on to another Call I got the sweetest note from a young woman. Some times you do get to know what people think about you and how your life has touched theirs. It's good that I didn't read it before lunch...because when I did read it I cried...happy cry. How very dear of her to write this for me.

I read this ... God has more zest for you than you do for God.
That's good news... Go find God out there...right there...or share God with that person right there with you.

God abides
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home