Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, August 19, 2006

34 years

Today, the 19th of August and it is our 34th Anniversary. We were married at 11 in the morning in Columbus Ohio at First Community Church. I remember it was a warm beautiful summer morning. The big trees in front of the church shadowing the walk and it was so wonderful. I wore the dress John's Mother wore. My cousins and John's sister were my attendants. His brothers and a cousin stood up for John. His grandfather, . John C. Taylor and my minister friend, Richard Horn were the ones who officiated. My father walked me down the aisle.
We made our vows and then we read a paper we had written. Part of it was thanking those who had brought us this far and also that we would serve God by serving others. Who knew? Who knew--God did---that's who.

So here we are 29 years for John serving as a pastor and 28 for me serving both ordination anniversaries in September. Who knew

My how time flies when you are having a good time. That goes for our life together, our wonderful now grown children and our work for God.

I pray we have many many many more years for all of these.

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home