Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, March 03, 2005

My hands... your hands...God's...

My hands

Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours, no feet but yours;
yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion looks out on the world,
yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good
and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.
-Teresa of Avila

I ran across this quote again today. It is etched in my heart. And I think of Gladys being in Afghanistan now and am praying for her health and her stability and her taking good care of herself.
But it is for this reason that she is there.
Christ has no body on earth but yours... there is no one else who could have been there. I believe this about her time at the children's home and also now in afghanistan. God has always had a plan for her life, and this is part of that plan. We pray for it to be all for the good.
And she sees with eyes of compassion. And she has passed that 'seeing' on to her family and to her grandchildren. We have to learn to use those eyes...but we have them.
Compassion is that which moves us deeply, in the gut, that makes all things new always.
Compassion is what gives us hpe and joy when we share it, bottled up it cripples us because we are overwhelmed by the need for compassion in the world today.
God be with us and use us, each of us, empower us and enlighten us and give us strength for the journey to easter and beyond...
Where is God planning to use your hands... be ready..the time is now
Thanks Be to God
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
Chattanooga, OK's boys basketball team made it though the first of three games to the state championship. It warms my heart as my dad in the 40's took his high school team, of a town about that size to the state championship. It makes me smile.
God abides and for this I give thanks with my every breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home