Awakening a Keen Observer

Friday, February 11, 2005

Red River

My daughter's life long friend Susie, now both of them grown, has a Bed and Breakfast in Red River New Mexico. I can't wait to go and see her. That is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I know Susie would be a great host. I imagine seeing it already.
Do you have a wonderful place in your heart that you remember? My grandmother's screened in porch always seemed so big and great an expanse and I remember spending many afternoons out there on the glider laughing with my cousin. We would swing that glider and talk and laugh. I wonder sometimes what two 8 and 10 year olds had to say for so long? Important, no doubt. Grandmother would come out in the mid afternoon to rest a bit and sometimes to snap peas or prepare something else for dinner. Or just to listen to these two little granddaughters chatter.
Another cousin and I got together not long ago, and we talked and talked. Perhaps bonds of love are more important than depth of issues...
You know, I think so.

Find a place to sit and talk with someone who means something to you...or make a date to do so.

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home