Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Plans? Ha!

Jeremiah 29:11 For Surely you know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for your harm, to give you a future with hope.
I had plans today to finish a big project. My husband John woke with a cough and fever and so we went to the doctor. It seems to be going around. And here it is now afternoon, and I have not started the project that must be completed today.
Deep Sigh. What is that old saying...If you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans...

I don't blame anyone but I am trying now to find the focus I seek for the day.
That I prayed to have when I awoke this morning. I suppose the distractions are there because I choose to see them as such and not because they have set any real block. I have allowed this to shift my focus...
It is God that has plans for me.
And I will now stop and turn the phone down and let the answering machine answer and do what needs to be done.
I believe it is God's plan for Good for all. Let what I do also be good for all...
Goodness of God....
John's Mother Gladys left this morning on her Journey to India and Afghanistan. I pray that the way would be clear and that she have a wonderful uneventful journey and she stay well.

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home