Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Spring Song

Spring Song
Bobbie
View
Delete

 


The birds have begun their migration and those who stay all year seem to be particularly excited about singing as it has been so great to hear them in the morning. Last week we had several very grey days but the birds still sang...

It seems to me that part of the work of the believer is to sing on the grey days. Because someone needs to hear the 'song'. Jesus didin't wait for the perfect place, or time, or situation, or food, he was just Always Always present for those who needed most to hear the Good News of God's love.

How do we share that with a waiting world. It is obvious that it is something the world needs ot hear, the chaos proves that. How do we find ways to be the ones who bring the Good News and the Joy that people need...even when our days are grey?

I suppose we look for signs of joy. Signs like on the faces of the children in India who find someone to love them, and care for them, and bring them hope and love. I would take every one of them in my home.

God help me to sing today to someone who needs to hear your song! Your song... YOUR song!

"My life flows on in endless song, above earth's lamentation, I hear the real though far off hym that hails a new creation, No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to that rock I'm clinging , it sounds and echo in my heart, How can I keep from singing.?"

God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home