Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, February 12, 2005

grey afternoon

It is mildy warm this afternoon but grey...you know the kind of day where the sun comes up and it gets light and that same degree of light stays the whole day. I remember lots of days like this in Ohio when I was growing up.
But there is sun in the hearts of those who know what's on the other side of the clouds. I remember the first time I flew in an airplane. It was some time ago but I remember looking out and seeing the tops of the clouds and the shadows they cast on the ground and realized that although it was cloudy down there...up in the sky it was sunny... You just had to get UP far enough. Same for today, though I can't see it...I know it is there.
That persistent promise of the sun/Son's presence is something that keeps us going on the grey days...the rainy or snowy ones... just when you can't see the sun...It is always there....the Son is always there...here...for us.
Have a wonderful Saturday and the rest of the week.
It's Saturday now..."But Sunday's coming!"
God abide
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

Gladys is In India! She had a wonderful trip over. We'll pray her luggage will catch up with her.
B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home