Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, March 21, 2005

mighty mountains

Oh Really



Psalm 121:1-8


1I lift up my eyes to the hills—from where will my help come?
2My help comes from the LORD,who made heaven and earth.

How many times have I read this psalm and thought... My help comes from the hills? Is it just me that thinks that? I don't know.
I am always amazed by perspectives. When I grew up in Ohio and traveled a couple of times a year we would drive across the Appalachian mountains to Virginia, I thought, no mountains could be higher. I loved the rolling hills in SE Ohio and the height you could see and then from the top of it the hills how far you could see. Then I moved to AZ. The mountains there were altogether different Camelback Mountain was at the end of our street.. I remember asking how the people got up the mountains when it snowed? Ok my friends paused and I realized there was no snow in Arizona. Then we would travel and camp up in the mountains they were beautiful.
Then I went to India and went to a Hill Station town Mussori and we could see the high Himalayas. Those majestic mountans were totally awesome.
The mountains in Oklahoma, though not so high, are so beautiful and so very old. They are so old that they are rounded and small. You should see them...
My help doesn't come from the hills... My help comes from God.
The mountains just remind me of the majesty... Don't move them.... even if you believe enough to do so! I like them all just where they rae.

Thanks Be to God.

Bobbie Giltz mcGarey



posted by Bobbie | 10:54 PM | 0 comments   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home