Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Come Back Spring

I am surprised today that it feels really cold outside. It is amazing. I mean wasn't it in the80's not long ago? Well it feels cool. Apparently this is almost as early as Spring can officially come. I think someone forgot to tell the weather provider. It is cold and really windy.
But the difference is the way the air smells. It has in it a hint of spring no matter where you are. The blooming things send out their scents. Even the leaves are peaking out, the green I see in that old tree in my yeard is coming out! There's no stopping it.
When we lived in Utah we always had tulips in the snow. A friend in Salt Lake sent me a picture of some beautiful flowers in her yard. The next day she sent me another picture of the tips of the flowers otherwise covered with snow. It's amazing. It's Spring.
So how do we become like the flowers and bloom when its time. It is as has been said, our job to bloom where we are planted. Apparently for now this is where we are all to be.
Do we not trust that if Spring can come, that surely there is good for all of us? It is a promise. Now live into that promise.
Surprise! You are going to be in the world as you are and that is just what you are supposed to do. Dear Mr. Rogers always taught us, "I love you just the way you are." That's the Good News we should never miss.
Be spring! Spring! Be joyful! Even in this Holy Week .
Be well
God abide
There's work to do.
Bobbie Giltz McGarey
@2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home