Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, July 08, 2004

COOL TX

Those of you who know Tx in the summer that this name is not about the temperature there. In fact it was a little town near Mineral Wells. But I loved the name. I saw a church there and imagined what name they could put on it. Cool Presbyterian Church.....It made an impression.

Would that folk knew that the church was "cool". That church is a cool place to be and that by being there you became cool, ( we most all of us have air conditioning). Cool because when you discover that you are loved by God and you know that and live into that love, you are indeed the coolest. Why? Because you become the child of God you were created to be and you speak for the voiceless and you seek justice for all and you are filled with the spirit of God. Cool Presbyerian Church ---what a good way to tell folk that you are proud of your church.

There was a button at GA ..."I'm enthusastic about the PCUSA!" Wow what a great button. I want one! or ten or 20 to give away. I want them to be able to share with others. I want them so people see them and want to know more. I want us all to be enthusastic about God's love for us!

The other day someone came up to my car and asked if I was presbyterian as he'd seen the little magnet that says pcusa on it on the side of my car. We had a good chat he'd worked at Goodland Children's Home. It was a the way to a conversation and I challenge you to find some way to start a conversation. Like a magnet, or a presbyterian cross pin or necklace-- something that is unusual. Something that lets' people know you are proud of who you are and then you can share how God's love shines through the whole church. We have something different to share with others. be (sinfully) proud to be presbyterian! Let God's love overflow!

God abides
Be cool.... Cool Presbyterian Church...
@2004



Bobbie McGarey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home