Awakening a Keen Observer

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Heap of faith

I walked into a friends office yesterday and asked her staff, Ok, which animals are you going to gather two by two. They laughed. It has been rainy here. Apparently more so than usual for June. Wednesday was no exception.

The image of Noah on the ark has always been one that fascinated me. I know I can look up how many cubits high and wide it was but the question is that this must have been unusually big...what if it didn't float. OH OK hold on, I know it was God's plan and therefor it was of course going to float. But that took a heap of faith too.

Heap of faith... like a leap of faith... those kinds of times when we say here I am in your hands O God. "Let it be unto me according to your will." Mary.
So what do we do with the Heap of faith God has offered? Do we apply it, or put it away for a 'rainy day'? (I wonder is that where that phrase comes from? Noah, rainy day) Anyway what do we do with this faith we have as a gift from God?
apply it where it is needed in the world? Like manna it may not last more than each daily bread share.
Think about that as you are in your day. And pray for the General Assembly of the PCUSA. Thanks
God Abides in heaps of faith
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home