Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, June 28, 2004

Hungry hearts

The PCUSA has a group of dedicated people who oversee the spiritual development of the people and produce a newsletter called Hungry Hearts This prayer is from the summer edition. May it bless you.

http://www.pcusa.org/spiritualformation/hungryhearts/index.htm


A PRAYER FOR RENEWAL Lord, my spirit has been wounded, heal me. My heart aches from the undoing, renew me. My body is weary from everday life, strengthen me. My soul is dry and parched, revive me. My joyous laughter has been squelched, restore me. My faith in mankind has been shaken, return me to you. My love for others is so distant, bring me back to them. Grant me your peace, Lord, that I may know you are near. Take away my fear about the future, and remind me that you, my Creator, have me in the palm of your hand. Be with me in the days ahead as I walk into the unknown, believing that your love and mighty healing is greater than any affliction I bear. Love me, Lord, into healing places, into your grace and let me rest in you. AMEN Erin Thomas Jeremiah 29:11-14


"Our souls are restless till they rest in God!"

God abide
bobbie mcgarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home