Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Ker-sploosh

Last summer I went to buy a water-mellon and when the man loaded it into my car he said," Let's anchor this so it doesn't fall out and go Ker-sploosh!" I loved that word. Ker-splosh. It sounded so perfect to describe what a watermellon might sound like if it hit the ground.

Saturday the 3rd of July I woke to a huge clap of thunder and jumped out of bed. I found that the computers were ok, but the telephone and the tv/vcr/dish all-- kersploosh.

They didn't actually fall, but they fell out of operation. Then I found out the phones didn't work either. Oh my

cell phones worked...whee
but I couldn't connect to the internet at home and again felt that kind of isolation.

but don't we all feel sometimes that things happen and our lives go ker-sploosh. Messy all over the ground. And we can't pick it up or put it back together. A humpty-dumpty kind of day.

well here's hoping when those days come that you know that you are caught instead in the arms of the loving God who won't let you fall ...

God abide
Bobbie McGarey

@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home