Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

can't say it better

i thank You God for most this amazingday:
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
 
and for everythingwich is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,and this is the sun's birthday;
this is the birthday of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
 
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
 
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
 
When I was in college I went to lead worship with a friend where we volunteered in a church in Ohio.   He was a musician and an organist, Edd Key,  and he had a beautiful piece he wanted to play for the prelude. But he wanted a poem read during the time he played  but he couldn't find it.  He had hunted for it for a long time.
 
I walked in that Sunday with a Poem I loved but didn't know how it could be incorporated in the worship.   Yes, it was THE poem he had hunted for it all worked together so perfect. 
 
I don't know where Ed is anymore. The last I heard he was in Oregon.  I saw him a couple of times later and he met John and we had a good time together.  We both remembered the morning...he brought the music I brought the poem and God was praised. 
 
What do you bring to this day? 
 
Have a great day. 
Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home