Awakening a Keen Observer

Monday, May 10, 2004

Music

You know every once and an while I'll hear a song that is not new but somehow it all seems to shift to some real faith story. I was driving home Sunday evening after the baccalaureate in Grandfield and heard the song "Have I told you lately that I love you" Rod Stewart was singing. And I began to think that this could be a prayer of thanksgiving to Jesus.
Have I told you lately that I love you...that there is no one above you.. You fill my heart with gladness take away all my sadness...

How often do we thank God for the good moments in our lives. Surely there are enough not so good ones...but let's not forget to thank God and to tell God how we love God.

What songs can you think of that are prayers ... perhaps unintentional...but truly prayers?

Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home