Awakening a Keen Observer

Saturday, May 08, 2004

In GGT

I put the sheets on the line this morning. I love the way they smell when they dry outside! Something about my childhood I think when my mother would hang out the wash and how fresh and clean everything would smell. Thanks to the Oklahoma wind it doesn't take long for them to dry.

John came in about 20 minutes later from mowing on the riding mower and asked if I could help him find his glasses. He feared he had them fall off as he had gone under the sheets on the line and perhaps he'd "mowed" them. He went out and I followed in a minute. I found him laughing. He had gone under one of the pillow cases that has a pocket in the end...and there--neatly tucked--were his glasses. We both laughed...what are the chances there eh?

Lots of things in our lives are neatly tucked away for us to pick up later. Things that seem important but are set aside by the world to be picked up and used at another time.
God's good time I think. GGT = a new time zone!

It's like relationships somehow. John and I both attended a party a year before we met. Let me explain. I had gone to a party at a friend's house...he had too. We met everyone there. Liked the people but not so much impressed with anyone in particular. A year later I visited my cousin and met John. We didn't know we had both been at that same party for about 10 years. Apparently that first time we 'met' we weren't ready to meet.... it wasn't time. We've laughed about that for 30 years.

But tucked in the world are windows and opportunities. To meet...someone who will change our lives...someone who has a message for us...someone who will teach us exactly the lesson it is time for us to learn. I imagine that is the way Jesus functioned in the lives of those he met. At exactly the right time he came to the town where the woman needed to be healed and she touched the hem of his garment and was healed. Perhaps the day before she would not have been so bold as to go out in public where people would shun her. Perhaps the week before she would have been so angry at her life she would not have even tried to be healed but would have given up. Perhaps it is exactly the time for you to encounter Jesus in a new way and be healed of anything that keeps you from being the child God created you to be. GGT


In God's good time...
And in the meantime... remember the psalmist wrote

Psalm 27 I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living..

God Abides

Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home