Awakening a Keen Observer

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Hackberry Flat I

Sunday after church in Frederick I took the back road to Granfield through Hackberry flat area. Really a quite beautiful area. I was the only one out there. Maybe because it was Mother's day. I spent about an hour walking out there and then went on over to Grandfield. I didn't pass a car or see anyone the whole time.

It was really quiet there. The wind blew clear and the sky was sunny and with just a few clouds.

The Red-winged Blackbirds, I've mentioned before, are obviously nesting. You could see them fly up from their nests here and there.

What brings you back to your center? What do you think about or where do you go in your mind's eye to find peace? I think everyone should have such a place.

There are some places I go in my memory that bring me incredible peace. Camp Akita near Logan Ohio had such places that still bring for me great peace. I can 'walk' there in my mind's eye.

Find such a place for yourself. It could be your Grandmother's or Grandfather's place, or somewhere you felt empowered.

Remember Jesus went off to a quiet place ... we imagine him praying and gaining strength and his center.

Find that place. Visit it regularly..have a nice time...and let me know how you feel when you get back.

God abide

Bobbie McGarey
@2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home