Awakening a Keen Observer

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Radio

Greetings.
I have been listening to the audio reading of the Harry Potter books as I've done some sorting things. I love listening to stories.

When I was little my Daddy and I would listen each Saturday to a radio serial story. I have no memory about what it was about but I remember sitting and listening. I also grew up listening to story records. I think this is part of where my imagination was
developed.

Since I was an only child there were lots of times when I had to make up little stories and different ways to play by myself when there weren't any friends around. These things I remember as being great fun. I would play jacks or with marbles. I had dolls and stuffed animals. Books were there and other things for me to do.

So, as I listen to this reading, by Ron Dahl, I remember others reading to me...
and the sense of my imagination being encouraged again.

In the questions to those who are ordained in the Presbyterian Church--will you serve the people with.... imagination and love? Yes.

Imagine what is next and be pleased it is set out for us by God.

God abides
Bobbie G. McGarey
@2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home